Contest Name: Messiest Munchkin Photo Contest (the “Contest”)
Station: 103.1 KCDA (the “Stations”)
Station Address: 808 E. Sprague, Spokane, WA 99201.
Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc. its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Company may conduct the Contest concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations owned and not owned by the Company, and in various States, and the Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during the Contest as announced on the affected station. Participating stations are listed above.
1. Description of Contest/Participation.
Dates of Contest: The Contest will begin Monday, February 11th and end on or about Sunday, March, 10th 2013.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants.
Entries should be a photograph of your child’s sweetest smile and comply with the following:
The Station and sponsor reserve the right to reject any entry, in their sole discretion, based on the terms set forth herein as well as current broadcast standards and other programming and operating practices and policies established by the Station for airing advertising. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Contest entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. ENTRIES POSTED TO THE WEBSITE WERE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Sponsor reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Promotion Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her Entry which fails to comply with the Contest entry requirements prior to any judging or voting period.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ARE VERIFYING THAT (1) YOU ARE THE PARENT AND/OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF THE CHILD IN THE SUBMITTED PHOTO BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ARE VERIFYING THAT YOU ARE THE OWNER AND PRODUCER OF THE SUBMITTED MATERIAL AND THAT NO THIRD PARTY OWNERSHIP RIGHTS EXIST TO THE MATERIAL SUBMITTED WHICH WOULD RESTRICT THE RIGHTS GRANTED HEREUNDER. YOUR SUBMITTED RECORDING WILL NOT BE RETURNED AND YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO USE THE SUBMISSION FOR ANY COMMERCIAL USE AFTER IT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT CLAIMS: If you think that any Entry infringes your intellectual property rights, click here if you wish to report it [link to DMCA takedown policy]
Publicity Release: Additionally, you agree to grant to the Company all rights to use the photograph that you submit, and the image, likeness, voice, name and photographs or otherwise submitted or provided by you in any publicity or advertising relating to the photograph or the Company and the Contest, without compensation or approval (except where prohibited by law).
B. How to Enter:
All entries must follow the Entry Guidelines set forth above. Submit your entry by login onto the Station’s website beginning Monday, March 26th, 2012 log onto the Station's website at 1031kcda.com and follow the Contest links to register. Deadline for online registration is Sunday, February 24th at Midnight. Valid contest entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified.
Along with your child’s photo we need your first and last name and your contact number.
Children must be 3 years of age or younger as of 2/11/2013, and must be born at the time of entry and must be submitted by the child's parent or legal guardian.
All entries must include your child’s photo and a signed parental release downloaded from the Station’s websites at 1031kcda.com. If a signed parental release is not received by the entry deadline, the entry will not be entered into the Contest and posted on 1031kcda.com for voting. Parental Consent forms can be downloaded and printed by going to 1031kcda.com. A complete and signed form needs to be email to email@example.com, faxed to 509-242-1160 or dropped off at Clear Channel Radio (808 E. Sprague in Spokane, WA) before the child’s picture will be eligible for the contest. Deadline to submit a fax, email, or drop off a form is Monday, February 25th at 5:00 pm. (**Please do not wait until the deadline to send in your fax, if the fax machine is jammed with last minute entries and your fax is not received by the deadline we will not be able to include your photo**) You can drop off the form at Clear Channel Radio Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm.
After both the child’s photo and corresponding completed release is faxed, the child’s photo will be posted on hits961.com.
Photos with multiple children must have multiple release forms faxed, one for each child in the photo in order for the photo to be eligible for the contest. Only the legal parent or guardian can submit a release form for their child.
Photo must be submitted by the child's parent or legal guardian only. All entries must include your child’s photo and a signed parental release downloaded from the Station’s website. If a signed parental release is not received by the entry deadline, the entry will not be entered into the Contest and posted on the Station’s website for voting.
Remember: Each submission must meet ALL of the qualifications, and info mentioned in Section B.
That includes: All entries must include your child’s photo and a signed parental release downloaded from the Station’s website at 1031kcda.com. If a signed parental release is not received by the entry deadline, the entry will not be entered into the Contest and posted on 1031kcda.com for voting. Parental Consent forms can be downloaded and printed by going to 1031kcda.com. A complete and signed form needs to be email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or faxed to 509-242-1160 or dropped off at Clear Channel Radio (808 E Sprague in Spokane, WA) before the child’s picture will be eligible for the contest. You can drop off the form at Clear Channel Radio Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm. The deadline to drop off the form or fax in the form is Monday, February 25th at 5:00 pm.
D. Voting Period:
Beginning Tuesday, February 26th the Station will post all entries on its website and invite listeners to log on and vote for their favorite, based on the criteria listed herein. Each listener can vote ONCE per verified email address.
Judging criteria voters should use for the contest is based on the following:
Voting for the first round will be held 2/26/13 – 3/5/13. Deadline to vote is Tuesday, March 5th. Each listener can vote ONCE per email address per day. In the event that there is a tie between any of the photos, we will post all the pictures that are tied and this may increase the number of entries in the voting rounds.
After the voting for the first round ends Tuesday, March 5th at midnight, the top 3 photos with the highest votes will go on to the next round.
The second round of voting will be held Sunday, March 10th at the 2013 Baby Fair at the Spokane Convention Center from 11am to 4pm. Deadline to vote is Sunday, March 10th at 3:45pm. Voting is limited to one vote per verified email address per day. In the event that there is a tie between any of the photos, we will post all the pictures that are tied and this may increase the number of entries in the voting rounds.
Voting is limited to one vote per verified email address. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the finalist in its sole discretion.
E. How to Win:
The Top 3 that will continue on to the Baby Fair 2013 for voting will win a prize. At the conclusion of the final voting period, the Station will select the Grand Prize Winner. Winner based on the photos which received the most votes. There will be a first place, 2nd place, and 3rd place prize.
In the final round, if in the event of two or more contestants have the same number of votes; the Station will select a panel of judges to select the grand prize winner based on the judging criteria, listed above. All decisions of the judges will be final.
2. Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
1st Prize wins $300 in gift certificates to Tot Shots Photo Studio
2nd Prize wins $150 in gift certificates to Tot Shots Photo Studio
3rd Prize wins $50 in gift certificates to Tot Shots Photo Studio
Prizes provided by Tot Shots Photo Studio.
The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Winner(s) must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded the prize. All prizes or prize vouchers must be redeemed from the Station within 30 days of the contest end date unless stated otherwise in these official rules. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents, at least 3-years old, as determined by the Company, and reside in the Station’s Total Survey Area (TSA), as defined by Arbitron Inc. If the contest is open to minors, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, however, the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to any minor. Unless otherwise stated above, only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the Contest for any thirty (30) day period. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
5. Voting Contests. By participating in the voting portion of any contest, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. Voting is limited to one vote per verified email address. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion. If the contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, the Company reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
6. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
7. Consumer Created Content. If the entry for the Contest requires creative material from the participant/entrant, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the company or contest sponsors under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the company is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the company and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) you are hereby granting the company and the station a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
8. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
9. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserve the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or visit the Station’s website. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned.
12. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.