From its modest beginnings as a simple radio program with some solo acoustic tunes to a full-band multi-media extravaganza, the 103.1 KCDA Local Lounge has come a long way its 10+ year run! More importantly, we have given free, high-quality promotion to countless musicians from the Spokane/Coeur d'Alene area. This past year has seen some bonus live-on-location goodies: the first-ever Local Lounge Cruise and our partnership with the Coeur d'Alene Music Festival Fundraiser. Global Credit Union became our new sponsor: they're so in-tune with the local arts scene, their TV and radio commercials even feature local musicians! We have some fun plans for 2014, but first we must pay tribute to the musicians who graced our studio in 2013.
This Sunday at 10pm, we have 30 minutes to fill with the best in-studio performances of 2013. As far as what constitutes "the best", I'll take into account the following:
- the already-existing Facebook Likes and Twitter Tweets on every artist's Local Lounge article
- any new Likes, Facebook comments, and Tweets that have accumulated since this article was posted until noon (12pm PST) this Sunday night
- my own personal opinion of the quality of the performances (admittedly subjective, yet fair)
Of course, life happens, so a few of these groups are on hiatus, have disbanded, or have moved away from our broadcast area. However, those musicians, in some form or another, in some community or another, are still making music and deserve some recognition, so every 2013 artist is valid. Also, there will be no hierarchy: The Best is simply The Best...no order is needed.
Yes, you can still affect the results, but only for a little while!
Here's how to vote...BEFORE noon (12pm PST) this Sunday:
- Log in to your Facebook and/or Twitter account.
- Go to your favorite 2013 Local Lounge artist's article in the list below.
- Like or Tweet the article (if you haven't already) using the page's Facebook/Twitter plug-ins at the top of the article.
- For greater effect (or if you already "Liked" the article weeks/months ago), post a Facebook comment on that article stating your preference for the artist, e.g., "I vote for..." or something to the same effect. Please keep all comments positive! Any negative or inappropriate comment that you post will cancel out any positive comment of yours, and both will be subject to deletion, with further activity leading to banning.
UPDATE: Thanks for voting!
Here are all the artists featured on the 103.1 KCDA Local Lounge in 2013, in chronological order:
While you're at it, be sure to Like/Follow the Local Lounge on Facebook/Twitter!
In the afternoon on Sunday, I'll crunch the numbers and make my decisions. You will hear The Best of the 103.1 KCDA Local Lounge 2013 on Sunday, December 29th, 2013 at 10 pm PST. Tune your radio to 103.1 FM in the Spokane/Post Falls/Coeur d'Alene area or listen live to the on-line audio stream. You can also hear the live broadcast on your iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, Android, or Blackberry with the free iHeartRadio app.
Here is The Best of the Local Lounge of 2013 as high-quality streaming audio:
LISTEN to the 35-minute broadcast
Including these songs, each performed live in our studio:
- Spark - Angela Marie Project (July 14th)
- Revolution Quake - Son of Brad (April 7th)
- Temples - Bristol (April 14th)
- Learning and Nostalgia - The Strangers (September 8th)
- Mermaid - Tanner Azzinnaro (September 1st)
- Alright - Chelsey Heidenreich (August 11th)
- A Dollar Waitin' on a Dime - Weary Traveler (December 1st)
- Porch Lights - Lavoy (December 8th)
original airdate: Sunday, December 29th, 2013 at 10 pm PST.
To listen to the streaming audio, you will need Adobe Flash Player. You may need to allow pop-ups on this page, as the media player will open in a new window.
Check out The Best of the 103.1 KCDA Local Lounge from previous years:
Thank you for listening and participating!
See ya in 2014,
103.1 KCDA Local Lounge producer
The 103.1 KCDA Local Lounge is powered by
and produced with love and care by Matt Loi.