Daniel Mills got his start as a professional musician over ten years ago. The grueling life on the road took its toll in the form of a seriously debilitating injury, which kept him from playing guitar for three years. After going back to school and slowly healing, he bravely relearned his instrument and is now back to making music as a full-time labor of love. From performing as a solo artist and in a trio, hosting an open mic, to giving guitar lessons, Daniel is fully immersed in the local music scene. He took on the moniker Son of Brad as a tribute to his father. Dense layers of live-looped guitar rhythms/melodies/creative noise underscore his clear voice. He dropped by the 103.1 KCDA Local Lounge in April, spinning his studio track "Sarah" and bring several one-man-band live demos, recorded recently by Aaron Birdsall of Flying Mammals. This Sunday, Son of Brad will return to share the exciting news of his upcoming performance on the first-ever 103.1 KCDA Local Lounge Cruise on Lake Coeur d’Alene (along with The Marshall McLean Band) on August 2nd, plus his appearance in the Coeur d'Alene Music Festival Fundraiser on September 7th!
Hear Son of Brad on the 103.1 KCDA Local Lounge on Sunday, July 7th (and catch the replay on July 21st), 2013 at 10 pm PDT. Tune your radio to 103.1 FM in the Spokane/Post Falls/Coeur d'Alene area or listen live to the on-line audio stream. You can also hear the live broadcast on your iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, Android, or Blackberry with the iHeartRadio app
Here is Son of Brad's entire Local Lounge show as high-quality streaming audio:
LISTEN to the 30-minute broadcast
Including these original songs:
- Revolution Quake (live demo)
- The Zipper (live demo)
- Sarah (full-band studio recording)
- Halloween On (live demo)
- UFOs (live demo)
- Moving to Portland (live demo)
original airdate: Sunday, July 7th, 2013 at 10 pm PDT.
These songs originally aired in Son of Brad's Local Lounge broadcast on April 7th and 28th.
To listen to the streaming audio or watch the video, you will need Adobe Flash Player. You may need to allow pop-ups on this page, as the media player will open in a new window.
Here's a video of Son of Brad performing his song "Revolution Quake" live in the Local Lounge:
See Son of Brad live in Spokane:
- Friday, August 2nd on the 103.1 KCDA Local Lounge Cruise on Lake Coeur d’Alene with The Marshall McLean Band. Click here for more info.
- every Wednesday starting at 9pm he hosts his Open Mic Jam at Soulful Soups & Spirits (117 N Howard St), featuring a wide variety of local musicians
- a few times a month on weekends as a soloist at Rain Lounge (1007 W 1st Ave)
- throughout the summer as the Son of Brad trio at Litz's Bar & Grill (204 E Ermina Ave)
- Saturday, September 7th, 5pm for The Coeur d'Alene Music Festival Fundraiser at the University of Idaho North Harborview campus on the main lawn. This will be an all-day event (10am-10pm), with plenty of live, original, local music plus vendors of all kinds, sponsored by 103.1 KCDA, benefiting The 2014 Coeur d'Alene Music Festival and Coeur d'Alene School District's music programs.
The 103.1 KCDA Local Lounge is powered by
and produced with love and care by Matt Loi.